Thursday, September 2, 2010

Welcome Wren!


Today (this is Courtney here, Johanna wanted me to post some initial pictures) we went in and Johanna was induced. 6am came early, but we had a baby by 11:50am. It was a fairly smooth process, no pitocin. Johanna first had her water broken and it really got her contractions going. Did eventually, because the pain go to be too much, receive an epidural type treatment called ISN. It worked magically up until she was about to push. Her body responded negatively with a lot of vomiting. But the baby came and she and Johanna are both healthy and doing great. 7lbs 8 oz, 20.25 inches. We are pretty sure of a name. Wren. Our little songbird. She is a little small for being 2 weeks over. She is so cute and has a pointy crest of hair on her head. Thanks for all the help, prayers, and support. Everything went well. Here are some pictures taken right after she came out.

8 comments:

  1. Wren, Wynn, and Gwen...we are really going to have to enunciate clearly at family gatherings. She's GORGEOUS!!!
    --Julean

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations! beautiful baby like her mom. hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats! She is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wren! I love the name. Can't wait to hear the full birth story & I'm sorry about the "worked until pushing" part, aaaah!!! Congrats, she is absolutely beautiful & precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! we're so glad she's here! hope recovery goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! What a cutie with a beautiful name!! I am so happy for your new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Johanna, she is incredible. What a beautiful baby. I'm so excited for you guys to have added another dauighter to your home- you are really wonderful parents. Glad you are feeling alright (even though I know what that means between the lines of recovering from a baby), not feeling so good about the grande-finale for you in the pushing stage, but :)-ing that your both healthy. Miss you like crazy- keep posting pics, I'll be watching for them:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, she is beautiful. And I love the name Wren! (And Elizabeth). Glad you are all well!! Loves

    ReplyDelete