Yes, we are still waiting for this little stinker to arrive and join our family. She is now officially 10 days overdue. I have an induction scheduled for 13 days over because that is as long as they will let me just sit here and stew. So, to keep from going crazy I have been forcing the entire family on day long adventures. In the last little while we have visited the Children's museum, the model train museum, the Rapidan Dam festival, the pool numerous times, Minnehaha falls, and the Minnesota state fair. (That last one was a little risky as it was 1 1/2 hrs from home, a week over due, but I just couldn't stay home and not have a baby again. ) It has been a fun couple of weeks and in the long run I guess I will be glad we got to do so many fun things before our lives change forever.
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Waiting...waiting....waiting....
Yes, we are still waiting for this little stinker to arrive and join our family. She is now officially 10 days overdue. I have an induction scheduled for 13 days over because that is as long as they will let me just sit here and stew. So, to keep from going crazy I have been forcing the entire family on day long adventures. In the last little while we have visited the Children's museum, the model train museum, the Rapidan Dam festival, the pool numerous times, Minnehaha falls, and the Minnesota state fair. (That last one was a little risky as it was 1 1/2 hrs from home, a week over due, but I just couldn't stay home and not have a baby again. ) It has been a fun couple of weeks and in the long run I guess I will be glad we got to do so many fun things before our lives change forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OH JOHANNA!!! good luck & I hope you go into labor right now. What a bummer... Quinn was 8 days late & I went in for my induction on 8days over & what do you know, I was already in labor & at a 4, so things went nice & easy!!! Best wishes & you look awesome, by the way - you look about 6mo preg, not 41 1/2 weeks. Love you!!!
ReplyDeleteBe careful. No repeats of Macey's delivery. Best of luck. Maybe she'll come Tuesday and Allie and Anna can have a birthday buddy.
ReplyDelete--Julean
Johanna, you don't even look pregnant.. maybe you are so late b/c there should be some justice in the world.... ei:I have to be a bloated whale for 6 months and have people tell me I'm having triplets...hence he comes 3 1/2 weeks early... You don't look prego= baby comes late. Kinda makes sense right? But I am sorry.. Even 3 1/2 weeks early was not soon enough! ; )
ReplyDeleteThe look on that lady's face while staring at the pumpkin is priceless! That is a huge pumpkin! It looks like you guys have had a lot of fun. And as much as I love visiting with you, I'm REALLY hoping I don't get to see you tomorrow for visiting teaching! After everyone being gone at different times for the last two months I'd love to see you and visit, but I'd rather see you with that baby. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI delivered a kid 10 days late, and I can't believe you are even walking right now, much less going on excursions! Hopefully all the excitement will make that baby just fly right out.
ReplyDelete10 days late is just not right. I am thinking happy birthing thoughts for you right now. Being induced isn't so bad, you'll do great either way! Can't wait to see pictures.
ReplyDelete