The sweet kids we left behind hardly noticed we were gone.
Friday, February 20, 2009
Minnesota---You Betcha!
So, should we move to Minnesota? Who knows, but this last weekend I flew with Courtney to Minneapolis for his interview with Minnesota State University. I decided to tag along to check out the place and have some much needed alone time with my husband. We stayed in Minneapolis two nights and then down in Mankato, where the school is, for one night. Mankato was a nice, basic mid-sized town. I suppose I was just waiting for some feeling that this was the right place and for everything to look beautiful and wonderful. It looked about like everywhere else in Feburary, brown and wet. It wasn't too cold though. We had fun exploring Minneapolis and even went ice skateing for Valentines day. In Mankato we looked at lots of raptors and houses and stateparks and waterfalls and even the local ski hill, Mount Kato. As we came around the corner we both just started laughing at how small it was and how the people skiing really had no idea what a real mountian was. The black diamond run was awesome! We will know in a couple of weeks if our kids will be learning to ski here. You are all invited to come along! In the mean time.....anyone want to buy a house?
Downtown Minneapolis ( i guess it was a little cold)
Court, playing the part with his sweet hat
Mount Kato, here we come
Court pondering the black diamond in the background

The sweet kids we left behind hardly noticed we were gone.
The sweet kids we left behind hardly noticed we were gone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Minnesota would be awesome!! Isn't that where the mall of america is? Lewis had a track meet there every year and LOVED that area. Can't wait to hear where you are headed.
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! I won;t tell my mom you were mocking her famous ski hills. I love Minn. Don't you just love the accent? Spent every summer at the lakes growing up. Just watch out for the bugs! Good luck.
ReplyDeleteI really hope you don't move away! But you have to do what you have to do! I will keep my eyes out for a job here in Salt Lake for you.
ReplyDeleteOh so sad and good at the same time, we would miss you tons, GET READY FOR COLLLLLLD!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny because when we visited Virginia a couple years ago they kept going on and on about the local ski hill and we kept saying, "Where? It's just that? That hill? Huh?" So sad about you guys moving so far away. We went to Minneapolis when Kierra was a baby and LOVED it. We thought if we had to choose a good family community to raise these kids, it'd be that one. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteyeah JJ - the mall of america is AMAZING!
ReplyDeleteand I got a good laugh out of that ski resort in MN. reminds me of us & the ski "mountains" here in NY. we just laugh & laugh. I have remained true to my rocky mountains & haven't even thought about skiing here - I guess I am a bit of a mountain snob.