Saturday, April 10, 2010

Easter fun and flowers

We had such a nice sunny Easter. The weather has been perfect and we have lived in the backyard. Avery wants to eat dinner outside everynight. I have been happy to oblige. It is nice not to have to clean off the kitchen table and after we let Harvey clean up after us, we are all satisfied. On Easter we colored eggs, (the kids didn't seem to mind that we dyed eggs after they already got their baskets), went for a nice walk in Rassmusen Woods and had some friends over for dinner and a little hunt in the backyard. We missed being with all of our family and the kids were sad to miss the annual cousin egg hunts, but our little Mankato easter was good to us.






Because it has been so nice, we took a break from digging in the yard on Saturday and visited the Kasota prarie to see the Pasque flower in bloom. I guess it is the first flower to bloom on the prarie. We found some and tried to take a couple of pictures without Wilson trampling them.






And for an exciting send-off, we found out we are having a girl!! in August. The girls were so excited and all Wilson really wanted was a cat. I am feeling good, but starting to get nice and plump!

14 comments:

  1. Yeah for girls! Hope you are feeling great. Beautiful flowers and beautiful family. Can we come over and play ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Congrats! Nothing but respect from us for hitting the big no. 4. Love the yard! We might be drooling over it from a far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it! So far my guesses have been right with Sarra, Mandy, Kammy and you. I haven't been so sure about Daya. I'm thinking girl for her, too. I've been very sure about Rita having a girl until lately. I've become pretty wishy-washy with her but I'm still leaning towards a girl. It's fun with all these new babies coming! Congratulations! By the way, I think it's hilarious that all Wilson wanted was a cat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Didn't even realize you guys were expecting again! Congrats! Girls are great! You guys are always 1 ahead of us, though. We're never going to catch up! ;)
    Cute pics - I wish springtime was as consistent here :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no clue you were preggers. Congrats! Looks like a great easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you guys make such cute babies. can't wait to see another little cutie! hope you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! I'm so glad you could have a fun visit with your Mom and are those shorts I see in some of those pictures?!?! If you move to Alabama you can wear shorts for a long time and our kids can be BFF.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful surroundings you have. I would love to come tromp through the prairie with you! I can't believe how big all the kids are getting! I miss you SO MUCH! Congrats on girl #3! Wilson and Courtney can totally handle it, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowzers! Another girl, so great. I didn't even know you were expecting! Wilson and Mac will have to start a boy club. Maybe they could collect cats? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats, Johanna! your kids are so dang cute & those girls of yours look like little itty johannas. xoxo, glad you are feeling great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!! We are so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! Congrats! I am so excited for you guys! Another cute little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!! YAY!! another girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is CRAZY!!! We are having a girl in September!! I think we are actually twins that were separated at birth--except that really has nothing to do with gender and space of children and teaching at our old high schools and teaching our younger siblings at our old high schools. . . Congratulations! If you come out here this summer, let me know, it would sure be fun to see you--I sure miss you.

    ReplyDelete