Saturday, January 23, 2010

Winter Fun....


Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Hello to Winter January! Where has the time gone? Life has been good the past month or so. We were able to visit family and friends in UT and drive safely home to -23 degrees and almost 3 feet of snow in the driveway. Luckily, our nice neighbor shoveled it for us or we would have spent the night in the car on the street. It has warmed up since then and so we have spent some much needed time outside. We made a snow cave, played with icicles, went ice skating and just tried to be outside as much as we could (which hasn't been much).

Courtney has also discovered a new hobby, maybe his best one yet. He is now an accomplished baker. So far he has made 7-grain bread, craisin pecan bread, garlic parmesan, sourdough garlic (with a homemade starter), cinnamon raisin, and some bagels. They are all the hard crust type and so tasty. I am pretty much the little red hen and just enjoy the hard work, but I do give lots of moral support. It has been fun for all of us.







Manwaring Fun Times

Stewart Fun Times

8 comments:

  1. i know that trick...the 'ol buy the bagels at the store and put 'em on your cookie sheet trick. makes it look like you can make amazing home baked bagels.

    can't fool me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Store bagels don't taste as good as these bagels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want some of those bagels, do you ship?

    ReplyDelete
  4. so fun to see you over the holidays. in search of a good multi-grain and wheat recipe-wanna share?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the picture of Courtney with the headband on. Funny! I also love the picture of the girls in the snow cave. That is a BEAUTIFUL picture of Avery!

    Tell Courtney we would be more than willing to take any of his leftovers. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want Courtney over to bake for me :) Everyone looks lovely!! Great to see you enjoying Minnesota!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. The beard, the bread. Minnesota has gotten in your very beings!!!! It suits you :) I miss you so much, Johanna.

    ReplyDelete
  8. JoAnna!!! Hello!!!! Can you hear me!!??? haha. So, have you ever gotten any of my messages? I've called you a couple times since you've moved. Anyway, that is so cool about Courtney and the baking! Who wouldn't LOVE that? Anyway, glad to see you're doing well. Love you guys! Diana

    ReplyDelete