Friday, August 21, 2009

WE MADE IT!!!

We are actually here in Mankato and have been for about two weeks. Things have been good so far. I just pretty much forgot how to be with my kids on my own because we just played and played with everyone else so much this summer. It has been nice to get to know them again. We are slowing setting up shop around here. We have been to target about a zillion times, lowes even more and filled up the cart at both ikea and costco. We will be on a serious money fast from here on out. Court and I painted the whole house yellow while the kids were still in utah and it looks so much better than the dark brown and grey it was before. It was a pretty color, but much too dark for me and for the long cold winters i will be trapped inside. We are loving the neighborhood, the really nice neighbors and ward, and the big fenced in back yard. The kids feels like it is christmas everyday when i open up a new box of toys.

Our HUGE truck all loaded up and passing over the Minnesota state line. Notice the flat background





Our cute little houseThe back yard and patio

Wilson with his favorite Barbie car loaded with trucks and cars and screwdrivers

And lastly to the man who made it all possible. I am so proud of Courtney and all of his hard work and dedication. He did such an amazing job at BYU and I know he will be just as great here at MSU. YEAH DAD!
We miss our friends and family. I actually just feel like I will see you this weekend, but I know that is not true. We are doing great though and are excited for the future.
ps i don't know why it underlined and turned purple. oh well, it is late and i am too tired to fix it.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! Glad you're settled (we'll not really, but I'll pretend...we miss you tons.) The kids look happy and the back yard looks like what you've always wanted. Keep the news and pictures coming.
    --Julean

    ReplyDelete
  2. your house looks so cute and i'm glad the move is going well so far. i hate moving!!!! i love your deck and i think it's so great when the kids lve their toys again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad we never got together with you guys. Glad you have a blog now so we can stay in touch! Also glad you all got there safely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fnatastic backyard! I bet the inside is really cute too, yellow will be perfect for the winter ahead. Looks so pretty all the fields and trails. Minnesota is so lucky to have you guys.

    ReplyDelete