Saturday, April 9, 2011

Macey's Birthday

Macel Rose turned six a couple weeks ago. Six! It is hard when the first baby gets older, but somehow I expect it to eventually happen. But when our other babies get older, it just seems to surprise me. How did she get so old? Where have I been this whole time? Is time/life really moving this fast? I try to not let all of these questions make me weepy and instead focus on the now, because that is really all I have.
We had a nice family birthday day for Macey. She was a little concerned it was on a Sunday and thought we wouldn't be able to have a party. I assured her that Sunday's were made for family birthday parties (and other things) and yes it would be a smashing fun party.



So we let her open a few presents before church....a new dress!



After church we had her favorite dinner of spaghetti and meatballs, she even requested the kind with shredded potatoes and carrots in them. We also all helped decorate her cake. Court covered three layers with white fondant and then made some other colors. Everyone made shapes and stuck them on. It was fun to do it all together. Macey also didn't really want much for her birthday and rather than just buy her more junky toys, I went for junky food. Every time we go to Sam's Club she wants the huge barrel of cheese balls, so it made the perfect surprise birthday gift. She was so excited and all night long just kept repeating "Cheese balls, cheese balls, cheese balls." She has been very good at sharing them and hasn't even noticed when the cheese ball fairy dumps some in the garbage after she goes to sleep. I am hoping we hit the bottom soon. We also played ring toss, watched a movie and had root beer floats. She had a great party. And here is our little Wrenny thinking she is all grown up and pulling herself up on everything. I am not sure where it came from. Everyone else wasn't even crawling until 9 months and she is already crawling and scooting all over. She does have a forehead full of bruises to show her steady progress.


6 comments:

  1. ever thought of going professional with those cakes Court? Good job! Can I get my order in now for my birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hit the bottom of the cheese ball barrel yet? I think they come in stinky cheese flavor too...Kinda reminds me of my running shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Happy Birthday Macey! Dang - I remember seeing her as a little thing right before McKinley was born. SERIOUSLY!? How do they grow so fast?
    Love the cheese ball gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allright, I've got a bone to pick- Macey STOP getting older and seriously Wren, isn't it a little early to be pulling yourself up on everything? Looks like you guys are livin' in the fast lane:) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, little cheeseball :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! My little Amelia is the same way! Love it!! Hope things are going well for you!

    ReplyDelete