Sunday, September 6, 2009

Fun on a Stick

This last week we just had to visit the Minnesota State fair. It was all it was rumored to be and more. We were amazed at all of the people, tractors and many, many different foods (all deep fried and put on a stick). A small sample of the smorgasbord that could be had-- mac-n-cheese on stick, pickle on a stick, foot long corn dogs, elephant ears(huge scone type things), spaghetti on a stick, bucket of cookies, bucket of fried cheese curds, roasted corn, fried turkey legs on a stick......the list could go on and on. Court and I just kept singing the smorgasbord song from Charlotte's Web over and over because that was exactly what it felt like. Of course we had to sample a few. We tried some corn dogs and the 'worlds best french fries' (good but not the best). We also had roasted corn, my favorite and a fried milky way on a stick which was Court's favorite. The kids loved all of the food, animals and tractors too. We were having a good time but then Court found the 'all you could drink milk for a dollar stand' and it may have turned into his best day ever. He just couldn't get enough of that chocolate milk and it made us wish we had bought the $14 bucket of fresh cookies. I guess there has to be something for next year. It was pretty crowded but a successful trip up to the cities. (The cool way to say Minneapolis and St. Paul)


--click to enlarge and get the full effect--


7 comments:

  1. You guys look like you are having so much fun. I bet it's nice to be together making memories. I can't lie though, you are so missed around here, sniffle, sniffle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I'm in Kansas again when I read your blog--good ol' farm country. I noticed you're all wearing pants. Its it cooling off there already?
    Dang we miss you!
    --Julean

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you took a picture of all the food on a stick, spaghetti on a stick are you serious?

    ReplyDelete
  4. all you can drink milk?!?! for a dollar?!?! what a deal. what about fried oreos? my personal favorite. what fun!!! oh and I am peeing my pants at the picture of the girls in the farmer cutout. just made my day for reals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like so much fun - like cornbellies times 10! i've seen the fried candy bars on food network but it's nice to know that they really do exist - glad they were yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, that picture of the girls CRACKS ME UP! I love the bad-posture on a billboard :) You are so good at making the most of your surroundings, and I too would like to see spaghetti on a stick:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surely, you are joking about all the fried-somethings-on-a-stick?!? Hilarious! Hope you're enjoying your new digs!!

    ReplyDelete